Monday, September 14, 2009

Making some changes

Clearly, I can't up with this blog as much as I would like. There has been tons of news coming out about the Hijra community, I just haven't been able to post it. I have a solution thanks to RSS feeds. I have set up 2 feeds for anyone to use.
1) Google News feed: This is what I have been using for years and getting the emails about news. This feed will post when a news article mentions Hijras. Keep in mind, it's not perfect, but it will get the news posted faster than me. These are typically free newspapers from around the world.

2) Academic Research feed: I pulled from an American research database, Academic Search Premier, to get articles from newspapers, magazines and journal articles ABOUT Hijras. This will post the most recent 5 articles.

There may be some overlap, but better than slow poke Sara.

No comments: